Saturday, July 9, 2011

Angry Bird Awesomeness!!

I must first say that most of the tweets I see are garbage. Or they have no educational value whatsoever. So sifting through them takes a little bit. But when you find a re-tweet about Angry Birds being used in a 9th grade physics classroom in Atlanta, GA it makes it all worth while. The physics teacher was able to use Angry Birds as a way to explain projectile motion. He broke it down into the Y and X axis showing that gravity affects the Y motion and the initial velocity is the X axis. The students weren't on their Iphones during class. It was Google Chrome who made Angry Birds accessible to the teacher to put it up on a projector. The students were going crazy learning physics. They can't wait to learn more using cool games. Unfortunately, you can't get any better than Angry Birds... so it's all down hill from there.
I'm starting to get excited at the possibility of teaching physics in the classroom. I am a Biology nerd but might could potentially teach physics. I will use Angry Birds if I get a chance to teach force and gravity. And I will continue to look for cool new games and tech to get students interested in my subject.
Die you evil pigs!!! Angry Birds rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment